Free-to-play Psyonix title rocket league I received a new update, and made Voice Chat available across all platforms.
While this type of update is usually welcome in many online communities, in the case of Rocket League, not everyone is thrilled with this new update. Some members of the community are concerned that toxicity is now spreading through voice chat. Fortunately, you can turn this option off…
This new sound option is enabled by default, so you’ll have to make your way into the game’s settings if you want to disable it. One other thing is that voice chat communications (which includes cross-platform communication) will be limited to “group chat” and “team chat”, and there are no voice communications with opposing teams.
Despite the restrictions in place, some players are still “afraid” of the dialogue their fellow gamers might throw at them. Here are some of the responses to this update (via social media):
Below are the voice chat patch notes (via Rocket League). You can watch the latest update in full on the game’s official website.
- Voice chat is now available to players on all platforms
- With the release of v2.15, voice chat has become default for all players
- Voice chat is a fully cross-platform
- Voice chat options are party chat And Team chat. You can’t talk to opposing teams in voice chat
- When you enable voice chat, you will see a file audio channel The tab (with a small headphone icon) appears in the friends list. You can join, leave, or switch Voice Channels from this tab.
- When you join a team in a match, you will be placed in the Team Voice channel
- When you join or form a group, you will be placed in the group’s audio channel. This channel shows everyone who has voice chat enabled in your group
- Voice chat settings Going to Settings -> Chat -> Voice Chat Settings
- Activate voice chat: checked by default; Uncheck the box to disable voice chat
- [PC Only] Voice chat input device: Select the microphone or other input device you want to use.
- [PC Only] Voice chat output device: Select the output you want to use (speakers, headphones, etc.).
- Click to talk: Check this box to use a specific key to enable your input device. You can change your link under Settings -> Controls -> View/Change Links -> Scroll down to Voice Chat (Push to talk)
- Favorite Audio Channel: Choose whether to put Party Chat or Team Chat by default when both are available
- Main menu notifications: Displays the names of the speaking players in the main menu
- Match Notifications: Displays the names of the players speaking while they are in the match
- Text chat notifications: Displays notifications in text chat when players leave or join voice chat
- You can adjust the volume of the incoming voice chat under Settings -> Voice -> Voice Chat
What do you think of this new voice chat feature? Will you take advantage of it? Still playing Rocket League? Leave a comment below.
#PSA #Rocket #League #crossplatform #voice #chat #enabled #default