Soccer Strength and Conditioning:
Strength & Condition Soccer is committed to establishing an enabling culture that includes a competitive/challenging environment, comprehensive development, and safe scientific training protocols. These ideals adhere to the gold standard set by our Head Coach and are ingrained into our culture to help student athletes maximize their full potential, on and off the field. Our program encapsulates the mental strength needed to elevate student-athletes’ ability to adapt and overcome challenging situations, ultimately preparing them for life outside of sport.
Through cyclic progressive overload, implemented in the sport’s specific training protocol, our strength crew provides the best motivational and “practical” strength and conditioning program in the country. We monitor the mental and physical health of athletes to ensure that appropriate training and recovery protocols are administered, to promote positive performance improvement for each student athlete. Our goal is to mitigate injuries and keep athletes on the field healthy and in their best physical and mental condition, to give them the edge they need to succeed.
The Sports Psychology Program provides comprehensive psychological services to the sports community in Notre Dame. By providing clinical and performance improvement services, we strive to foster a culture of inclusion, well-being, and excellence within and outside of sport. The compact nature of our positions allows us to respond to the ever-evolving needs of student-athletes, coaches, teams and the athletic department itself. We are committed to providing purposeful and dynamic interventions at all levels of the department to advance its mission of overall development and athletic achievement. “
The Department of Sports Nutrition at Notre Dame is dedicated to providing individualized, high-quality, evidence-based care to all student athletes to support optimal health and performance not only during their time at Notre Dame, but throughout life. As sports nutritionists, we aim to improve performance through nutrition with a multifaceted approach with coaches, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, and sports psychology. Based on our core value of ‘Food First’, we take a sport-specific approach, and are committed to:
- Increase your overall nutrient intake
- Reduce the risk of injury and re-injury
- boost recovery
- Promote alertness and acceptance of the body
- Education through team talks, cooking demos, grocery tours, etc.
Olympic Strength and Conditioning:
The ultimate goal of the Strength and Conditioning department is to enable young women and men to compete like champions. This is achieved by developing, organizing and managing training interventions that are underpinned by scientific insight, empirical observation, and sport-specific needs analysis while tailoring them to the individual needs of each athlete. This student-centered, coach and coach-centered model encourages a holistic approach to training through collaborations with sports medicine, nutrition, and psychology. The foundation of our training begins with creating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and addressing risk factors to create resilient athletes. Through longitudinal assessment of KPIs, we are able to monitor each student-athlete’s progress against established standards and set goals for peak performance.
The sports medicine team’s ultimate goal is to demonstrate the best healthcare to the more than 800 student athletes representing Irish Fighting. Our staff of 18 full-time athletic trainers and physiotherapists provide the initial assessment and triage of injuries and illnesses while guiding rehabilitation, rehab and recovery from all healthcare conditions. Under the guidance of our team of physicians, our skilled professionals provide comprehensive care by communicating concerns, ongoing planning with primary care physicians, orthopedic surgeons/consultants, strength and conditioning and dietitians, counseling with sports psychologists, and a close network of medical/healthcare professionals. Our holistic health care focuses on promoting a holistic and diverse environment with individual care as well as injury/illness.
Sports medicine staff…
- The University of Notre Dame is committed to providing the best quality care to students who are both physically and mentally athletic.
- Provides quality Prevention, recognition, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries Each student athlete to meet his individual needs.
- Committed to improving student-athlete performance through
- Promote a nutritional education program and assist student-athletes with any nutritional needs.
- Promote the importance of “food as fuel”.
- Motivating athletes to compete at the highest levels of performance.
- We are committed to promoting the mental health, general well-being and personal development of all student-athletes at Notre Dame.
- It assists student-athletes in addressing their difficulties, enabling them to make the most of the opportunities available to them at Notre Dame.
- Committed to establishing a culture, grounded in our core values, that promotes the all-round development of our student-athletes. To ensure this development, we strive to collaborate with all departments and industry-leading professionals to provide our student-athletes with the most innovative and up-to-date training methods. Our goal is for all coaches and athletes to develop an insatiable desire to pursue perfection.
#Sports #Performance #Leadership #Team #Notre #Dame #Fighting #Irish #Athletics #Official #Site